Thursday, 13 November 2014

Perk up juice



I used to juice regularly but I somehow got out of the habit. I think I just got into blended smoothies a little more. But right now I'm trying to be as healthy as I can so I've gone back to using my juicer as a snack machine. By this I simply mean that I eat as healthier as I can across every single meal but rather than reaching for carb based snacks I'll opt of a juice. 

They are of course naturally very high in sugar so you have to be careful of your intake, but as an alternative to a couple of slices of toast, a cliff bar or (heaven forfend) a snickers, these are a great way of staving off your hunger with something sweet between meals at the same time as counting towards your 5-10 a day.

My afternoon pick me up tends to be this juice. The beetroot and apple add vitamin C, among other things, while the lettuce and celery bring an abundance of dietary fibre and also Vitamins A,C and K. The beetroot and apple lends a sweetness that stave off my chocolate cravings but the earthy flavour of the lettuce and celery balance it out so after you've drunk it you almost feel like you've had a meal. 

I love this juice.

  • 1 x juicer
  • 1 x glass
  • 1 x beetroot
  • 1 x apple
  • 1 x stick celery
  • 1 x romaine heart 

  1. Juice
  2. Pour
  3. Drink





No comments:

Post a Comment